Sodium benzoate with CAS 532-32-1
Sodium benzoic is a white granule or crystal powder that has no odor or small band of benzoic, slightly sweet and astringent taste. Also known as sodium benzoate, relative molecular weight 144.12. Stable in air and soluble in water, its aqueous solution has a PH of 8 and is soluble in ethanol. Benzoic acid and its salts are broad-spectrum antimicrobial agents, but their antimicrobial effectiveness depends on the PH value of food. With the increase of the acidity of the medium, the sterilization and bacteriostatic effects of the medium are enhanced, and the sterilization and bacteriostatic effects are lost in the alkaline medium. The optimum PH value for corrosion protection is 2.5~4.0
Benzotron; benzoic acid sodium salt; natrii benzoas; sodium benzoate (food grade); sodium benzoate solution; benzoate of soda; benzoic acid, sodium salt;
Antimol; benzoansodny; ucephan; benzoic acid,compounds,sodium salt; sodium benzoic acid;
fema number 3025;
Melting point: >300 °C(lit.)
Density: 1,44 g/cm3
FEMA: 3025 | SODIUM BENZOATE
Flash point: >100°C
storage temp. Store at RT.
solubility H2O: 1 M at 20 °C, clear, colorless
form Crystals, Granules, Flakes or Crystalline Powder
PH7.0-8.5 (25℃, 1M in H2O)
Water Solubility soluble
1. This product is used as food preservative, feed preservative, fungicide for the pharmaceutical industry, mordant for the dye industry,
Plasticizer of plastic industry, also used as the intermediate of organic synthesis such as spice.
2. In beverage, can, juice, cold food, soy sauce, vinegar, cosmetics, detergent, coating, toothpaste and other fields
3. Used as a preservative for water-based adhesive.
4. Sodium benzoate is used as an additive for electroplating, such as acid zinc plating.
the product is packed with polyethylene film inside and polypropylene woven bag outside. Net weight 25 kg.
ventilated dry place, avoid the sun, away from the open fire.
Other related items of our company:
1. Basic Organic Chemicals
2. Inorganic Chemicals
3. Pharmaceutical Intermediates
4. Daily Chemicals
5. Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients