Calcium Sulfate Dihydrate With CAS 10101-41-4
White monoclinic crystalline or crystalline powder. No smell. It's hygroscopic. 128 ℃ lose 1 molecular crystal water, all 163 ℃ water loss. Soluble in acid, sodium thiosulphate and ammonium salt solutions, soluble in 400 water, less soluble in hot water, extremely slow soluble in glycerol, insoluble in ethanol and most organic solvents. Relative density 2.32. It's exciting. It usually contains two crystalline waters and is found in nature as a gypsum deposit.
Synonyms:GYPSUM;c.i. 77231;CALCIUM SULFATE-2-HYDRATE;CALCIUM SULFATE SOLUTION R;CALCIUM SULFATE DIHYDRATE;CALCIUM SULPHATE 2H2O;CALCIUM SULPHATE 2-HYDRATE;CALCIUM SULPHATE DIHYDRATE
Melting point:128°C -1.5H₂O
Boiling point:163°C -2H₂O
Flash point:163°C -2H₂O
storage temp. Store at RT.
solubility H2O: 0.01 M at 20 °C, clear, colorless
PH7.0 (50g/l, H2O, 20℃)(slurry)
Water Solubility 2 g/L (20 ºC)
Stability:Stable. Incompatible with aluminium, strong acids.
1. Raw materials for making cement, calcium sulphate and sulfuric acid in half water. Used as a filler in the paint and paper industry. As a fertilizer in agriculture, it can reduce soil alkalinity and improve soil properties.
2. The consumption level can be used as a nutritional supplement (calcium), curing agent, yeast food, dough regulator, chelating agent, also used as a group of canned tomatoes, potatoes, enhancer, brewing water curing agent, wine flavor enhancer, etc.
3. The gypsum in addition to a large number of used as building materials and cement raw material, widely used in rubber, plastics, fertilizers, pesticides, paint, textile, food, pharmaceutical, paper making, daily chemical, arts and crafts, culture and education sector. In areas where sulfur is scarce, it can be used to make sulfuric acid and ammonium sulfate. Colorless transparent gypsum can be used as optical material.
4. As a filler of epoxy resin, epoxy resin adhesive with high strength, high temperature resistance and good abrasion resistance can be prepared. It can also replace asbestos to
produce asbestos-free friction materials.
Other related items of our company:
1. Basic Organic Chemicals
2. Inorganic Chemicals
3. Pharmaceutical Intermediates
4. Daily Chemicals
5. Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients