Glycolic Acid With Cas 79-14-1
A colorless, dewy crystal. Soluble in water, soluble in methanol, ethanol, ethyl acetate and other organic solvents, slightly soluble in ether, insoluble in hydrocarbons. It has the dual nature of alcohol and acid, which decomposes when heated to boiling point. Used for organic synthesis, etc.
Synonyms:Aceticacid,hydroxy- ;acidehydroxyacetique ;alpha-Hydroxyacetic acid;alpha-hydroxyaceticacid ;glycolic ;glycolicacid,solution ;HOCH2COOH;hydroxy-aceticaci
Melting point:75-80 °C(lit.)
Boiling point:112 °C
Density 1.25 g/mL at 25 °C
refractive index n20/D 1.424
storage temp. 2-8°C
solubility H2O: 0.1 g/mL, clear
color White to off-white
PH2 (50g/l, H2O, 20℃)
Water Solubility SOLUBLE
Stability:Stable. Incompatible with bases, oxidizing agents and reducing agents.
1. Raw materials for organic synthesis can be used to produce ethylene glycol. Hydroxyacetic acid is mainly used as cleaning agent. Fiber stain, cleaning agent, welding agent ingredients, varnish ingredients, copper corrosion agents, adhesives, oil demulsifier and metal chelating agents can be prepared; Sodium salt and potassium salt of hydroxyacetic acid are used as additives for electroplating solution. Other USES include electrolytic grinding, metal pickling, leather dyeing and tannins. It can also be used as chemical analysis reagent.
The mixed acid of 2.2% hydroxyacetic acid and 1% formic acid is a high efficiency and low cost detergent suitable for cleaning air conditioner. It can fully react with the rust scale, calcium salt, magnesium salt and so on in the equipment to achieve the purpose of descaling. The corrosion to the material is very low, and the deposition of organic acid iron will not occur when cleaning. Chemical cleaning with hydroxyacetic acid is less dangerous and easy to operate.
3. Used in organic synthesis and printing and dyeing industry
Used to sterilize soap
5. Hydroxyacetic acid is used as a complexing agent for electroless nickel plating to improve the quality of the coating. It can also be used as an additive for other electroplating or electroless
Other related items of our company:
1. Basic Organic Chemicals
2. Inorganic Chemicals
3. Pharmaceutical Intermediates
4. Daily Chemicals
5. Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients