Phosphorus Tribromide With Cas 7789-60-8
Phosphorus tribromide also known as phosphorus bromide, colorless liquid, stimulating odor, strong smoke in the air, toxic, misuse or inhalation of dust and liquid will be seriously toxic. Hydrogen bromide and phosphorous acid are formed by violent reaction in the presence of water, giving off irritating vapors and causing corrosive burns. Vapors and liquids can severely irritate the eyes, mucous membranes, skin and respiratory system, causing burns, and often inhaling low concentrations of vapors can damage the respiratory tract. Easy hydrolysis.
Synonyms:Phosphorous bromide;Phosphorous tribromide;phosphorousbromide ;Phosphoroustribromide ;phosphorusbromide[pbr3] ;PHOSPHORUS TRIBROMIDE;PHOSPHORUS BROMIDE;PHOSPHORUS(III) BROMIDE
Melting point:-40 °C
Boiling point:175 °C(lit.)
Density 2.88 g/mL at 20 °C(lit.)
vapor pressure 0.27 psi ( 54 °C)
refractive index n20/D 1.697(lit.)
storage temp. -20°C
color Clear to slightly hazy colorless to yellow or light brown
Water Solubility reacts
Sensitive Moisture Sensitive
Stability:Stable, but reacts violently with water. Incompatible with moisture, strong bases, strong oxidizing agents, reactive metals, acids, alcohols.
1. Red phosphorus and liquid bromine were used as raw materials, and tribrominated phosphorus was used as solvent for the reaction.
2. The reaction device is a 1000mL double-neck round bottom flask with grinding mouth, respectively equipped with drip funnel and distillation column head. The distillation head is connected with a reflux condenser with a P2O5 drying tube. The branch of the distilling head is first encased in a receiving bottle. 125 g dry red phosphorus (dry 3 h under 105 ℃ and in the sulfuric acid dryer for standby) into the flask, add 500 g phosphorus tribromide cover (also available phosphorus trichloride instead of 295 g), a liquid suspension. Heat the reactants in an air bath until they boil. Slowly add the bromine from the funnel. After about 5 minutes of reaction, stop heating and quickly add the bromine (about 20mL per minute). The rate of addition is required to bring the reaction mixture to a boil. After adding all the bromine (a total of 773.5g, equivalent to 100g of phosphorus, with an excess of 25% ~ 35% of phosphorus), heat it and continue boiling for 10min. The distillation unit is changed to a distillation unit. P2O5 drying pipe is connected to the air interface to avoid contact with water and gas.
3. It was prepared by reaction of bromine and red phosphorus.
Other related items of our company:
1. Basic Organic Chemicals
2. Inorganic Chemicals
3. Pharmaceutical Intermediates
4. Daily Chemicals
5. Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients