Calcium iodate with CAS 7789-80-2
Calcium Iodate is a chemical with a molecular formula of Ca(IO3)2 and a molecular weight of 389.89.
Is a colorless rhombic crystal or white crystal or powder, odorless. It can irritate eyes, respiratory system and skin. Mainly used as deodorant, medicine and food additives.
Synonyms:autarite ;calciumiodate(ca(io3)2) ;iodicacid(hio3),calciumsalt ;iodicacid,calciumsalt ;CALCIUM IODATE;CALCIUM IODATE HYDRATE;Calcium iodate, pure, 98%;CALCIUM IODATE REAGENT
Density 4.520 g/mL(lit.)
solubility ethanol: insoluble(lit.)
Water Solubility slightly soluble
Stability:Stable. Incompatible with reducing agents, copper, aluminium, alcohols, sulfur, phosphorus. Oxidant - keep away from combustible materials.
1. Used as wheat flour treating agent and dough regulating agent in food industry. Add wheat flour to make bread as a quick - acting oxidizer for dough. There are also oral detergent, deodorizer, preservative iodoform substitutes.
2. Used for antiseptic, deodorizing and mouthwash, as well as nutritional iodine in food and feed.
3. Used as iodine supplement in feed. Iodine, as a component of thyroid hormone, is closely related to the basic metabolism of livestock and poultry. Lack of iodine in domestic animals will cause hyperplasia and hypertrophy of the thyroid gland, and the basic metabolic rate will decrease, which will affect the growth and development. Adding iodine supplements can prevent iodine deficiency, promote growth, and improve feed utilization.
4. Used as deodorant, medicine and food additive.
Other related items of our company:
1. Basic Organic Chemicals
2. Inorganic Chemicals
3. Pharmaceutical Intermediates
4. Daily Chemicals
5. Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients