|Payment Type:||L/C,T/T,D/P,Paypal,Money Gram,Western Union|
|Delivery Time:||20-30 Days|
Model No.: SY-1309-48-4
Classification: Magnesium Oxide
Grade Standard: Industrial Grade
Kind: Alkaline Oxide
Quality: First Class, Top Grade
Grade: Industrial/Food/Medical Grade
Melting Point: 2852 °C(lit.)
Sample: Free Sample With Freight Collect
Delivery: Fast Delivery
Boiling Point: 3600 °C
Transportation: Ocean,Land,Air, Rail Way
Place of Origin: China
Supply Ability: 1000MT/Month
Port: China Port,Qingdao Port,Tianjin Port
Magnesium oxide is commonly known as bitter soil, also known as magnesium oxide. It is a typical alkaline earth metal oxide, chemical formula MgO. It is white powder having a melting point of 2852 ° C, a boiling point of 3600 ° C and a relative density of 3.58 (25 ° C). Soluble in acid and ammonium salt solution. Slowly react with water to form magnesium hydroxide. It can be dissolved in an aqueous solution of carbon dioxide to form magnesium hydrogencarbonate. It gradually absorbs moisture and carbon dioxide in the air, and emits irritating fumes by heating. Magnesite (MgCO3), dolomite (MgCO3·CaCO3) and seawater are the main raw materials for the production of magnesium oxide. Thermal decomposition of magnesite or dolomite gives magnesia. The seawater is treated with slaked lime to obtain magnesium hydroxide precipitate, and the magnesium hydroxide is burned to obtain magnesium oxide. The magnesium chloride halide block obtained by comprehensive utilization of seawater or the brine after bromine extraction may be used as a raw material, and sodium hydroxide or sodium carbonate may be added to form magnesium hydroxide or basic magnesium carbonate precipitate, and then calcined to obtain magnesium oxide.
Magnesium oxide has the largest yield in magnesium compounds, accounting for about three-quarters of all magnesium industrial products. Magnesium oxide prepared at less than 900 ° C is a light magnesium oxide having a small density, a large specific surface area, and high adsorptivity. It can be used as a catalyst, a rubber filler and an accelerator for improving the properties of rubber. Magnesium cement is produced by mixing with a magnesium chloride solution. Used as a flame retardant for building materials. Medically used as an antacid and laxative for gastric acidosis and gastric and duodenal ulcers, often in combination with constipation-prone calcium carbonate. Used as an animal feed additive and fertilizer for plants. The light magnesium oxide prepared at 950~1050 °C has a relatively high density, and the particle distribution has a certain range, which is easy to combine with water. It is used to react with silica on the surface of silicon steel at a high temperature to form a magnesium silicate film, which can be used as a separator for silicon steel sheets to prevent sintering adhesion of silicon steel sheets at high temperature treatment. The heavy magnesium oxide prepared at a high temperature of 1500 to 1800 ° C has a large density, a small specific surface area, is not easily decomposed by heat, has low chemical activity, is not easily reacted with an acid, and has a low hydration rate. Used as a high-temperature refractory material, a binder for making refractory enamel and lining, and so on.
CAS No.: 1309-48-4
Molecular formula: MgO
Molecular weight: 40.3
EINECS number: 215-171-9
Melting point 2852 °C (lit.)
Boiling point 3600 °C
Refractive index 1.736
Flash point 3600 ° C
Storage conditions Storage temperature: no restrictions.
Solubility 5 M HCl: 0.1 M at 20 °C, clear, colorless
PH 10.3 (H2O, 20°C) (saturated solution)
Water solubility 6.2 mg/L (20 oC), reacts
Sensitivity Air Sensitive
1. Light magnesium oxide for ceramics, enamel, refractory crucibles, refractory bricks, etc., also used as polishing agents, adhesives, paint and paper fillers, chloroprene rubber accelerators, activators. It is used as an antacid and laxative in medicine for gastric acidosis and duodenal ulcer disease, and also used in glass dyes, phenolics, plastics and other industries.
2. Dead burning magnesia, namely magnesia, granular and brick-like, widely used as refractory materials for steelmaking furnaces, cement kiln, glass burning furnaces, etc.
3. Alkaline granular refractory, mainly used in the metal refining industry, using block refractory as furnace, or as granular maintenance material, sprayed and coated on the furnace wall to strengthen the furnace's fire resistance.
4. Magnesium oxide produces a positive charge in water, most of the suspended matter is negatively charged, which acts as an absorption, which can improve the filtration effect.
Other related items of our company:
1. Basic Organic Chemicals
2. Inorganic Chemicals
3. Pharmaceutical Intermediates
4. Daily Chemicals
5. Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients