Iodine Pentoxide With Cas 12029-98-0
Pentoxide Iodine (Iodine pentoxide), also known as the five oxidizing Iodine, is a kind of Iodine oxide, chemical formula for the I2O5, molecular weight of 333.8059.
Stable property at ambient temperature and pressure, white needle-shaped crystal, can be used to remove carbon monoxide in the air.
Synonyms:iodineoxide(i2o5) ;IODINE(V) OXIDE;IODINE PENTOXIDE;IODINE PENTAOXIDE;IODINE OXIDE;IODIC ANHYDRIDE;IODIC ACID ANHYDRIDE;IODOPENTOXIDE
Melting point:300-350°C (dec.)
Density 5.08 g/mL at 25 °C
storage temp. Store at +5°C to +30°C.
color White to cream
PH 1.1 (100g/l, H2O, 25℃)
Water Solubility soluble
Sensitive Light Sensitive & Hygroscopic
Stability:Stability Strong oxidizer - contact with combustible material may cause fire. Light and moisture sensitive. Incompatible with organic materials, combustible materials, water.
Pentoxide Iodine (Iodine pentoxide) is a white needle crystal. Sensitive to light and hygroscopic. Relative density 5.08, melting point 300 ℃ (decomposition).
Heated to above 275 ℃ without melting into purple toxic iodine vapor and oxygen, accelerating decomposition heat to 350 ℃, heated to 370 ℃ in the sealing tube explosion.
Soluble in water (187.4 g / 100 ml) at 13 ℃ form iodate, soluble in methanol, but unstable solution and precipitation of iodine, soluble in nitric acid, but when the concentration of nitric acid is more than 50%, the iodine pentoxide and crystal, insoluble in ethanol, ethyl ether, chloroform and carbon disulfide. Strong oxidation, friction or impact with organic materials can cause combustion or explosion. It's exciting.
1, has always have purification conditions, through the dry air of iodate is heated to 90-110 ℃ the partial dehydration, heat up to 220-240 ℃, its response.
2 hio3 - I2O5 + H2O
Keep the temperature constant for 4h, so that the reaction is complete. Then slowly cool to room temperature, sealed and preserved, you get iodine pentoxide. 
2. Dewatering iodide by iodized acid. Accurately weigh a certain amount of HIO3 into the glass crystallizer, so that its thickness does not exceed 3cm. Then put the mould in the drying oven, slow heating to 140 ~ 145 ℃. Keep this temperature and keep stirring for 2 to 2.5 hours. The end point of the dehydration reaction was determined by weighing method. The weight loss was 5.11% and the yield was 100%. Will HIO3 in vacuum and weak oxygen flow dehydration 3 h under 110 ~ 120 ℃ can be no pure I2O5 iodine pollution.
Use the editor
1. Determination of carbon monoxide in gas analysis;
2. Used as an oxidant to oxidize carbon monoxide into carbon dioxide and remove carbon monoxide from the air.
Other related items of our company:
1. Basic Organic Chemicals
2. Inorganic Chemicals
3. Pharmaceutical Intermediates
4. Daily Chemicals
5. Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients